Alpha Series Rods are forged from select 4340 chromoly steel and feature a straight H-beam design, resulting in the ultimate strength-to-weight ratio. 4340 chromoly is one of the strongest materials available, however, not all 4340 chromoly is the same. As such, Skunk2 relies on extensive material testing and works closely with its foundry to produce high-quality rods at an affordable price. Comprehensive heat-treating, tempering, and shot-peening processes together ensure that each Alpha Series Rod remains consistent and strong. Finally, each rod is magna-fluxed to ensure integrity and that each process has been completed thoroughly and according to Skunk2’s rigid specifications.
Skunk2’s engineers spent nearly three years developing and testing its straight H-beam rod design. The results are one of the strongest beam configurations available, capable of handling more than 900 hp. Engineers made use of FEA (Finite Element Analysis) to determine high-stress points and implemented features to reduce wear and increase strength. Skunk2’s straight design distributes stress across a larger area when compared to tapered rods, providing additional support where necessary.
Alpha Series Rods are manufactured from two-piece forgings, resulting in optimal grain orientation along the rod cap for increased strength. By orienting the metal’s grain in the direction of stress along the rod cap, perpendicular to the stress exerted along the beam, strength is significantly increased. Skunk2’s two-piece forgings provide a precision-tight fit between the rod’s cap and its beam without resorting to the brittle materials required by other processes.
Alpha Series Rods also feature dual oil passages at their pin ends, providing additional lubrication and cooling, which leads to an even stronger, more durable rod. Unlike other designs, Skunk2’s carefully positioned, offset oil passages help deliver lubrication around the entire wrist pin, during each phase of the engine cycle.
Connecting rod bolts endure more stress than any other engine fastener. Each Alpha Series Rod features high-quality, Skunk2-branded, 3/8-inch ARP2000 bolts. ARP2000 rod bolts are forged, heat-treated, precision-machined, and capable of clamping loads as high as 220,000 psi. Precision-machined, bronze wrist pin bushings are also fitted to each Alpha Series Rod for increased wear resistance, and are compatible with most aftermarket pistons without additional machining.
Not all forged H-beam rods are the same. Only Skunk2’s Alpha Series Rods feature our unique design, precision machining, and are capable of handling more than 900 hp, all at an economical price.
General Delivery Information:
- Please provide a contact phone number when ordering – in case we or the couriers need to get in touch.
- All orders placed before 12 Noon will be processed the same day.
All items are dependant on stock availabiltiy:
- Most parts are dispatched on a 24 – 48 hour basis (if ordered before noon)
- Most deliveries are made within 24 – 48 hours after dispatch.
- Some items may be delivered on a later schedule but you will be contacted and informed of an ETA.Specific delivery dates can be offered if required – please provide details in checkout.
- Large orders may be palatalised but we will do our best to inform you prior to delivery.
- Deliveries are made between 9am – 6pm. Monday to Friday.
Refusing / cancelling an order:
- If you refuse an item on arrival due to change of mind and or mistake, you will be charged a fee to have the item returned and or resent - price dependant on product and location.
- If you cancel an item after it has been dispatched you will be charged a return fee – price dependant on product and location.
- Deliveries are attempted at least twice, deliveries that fail after this due to no one at the delivery address may incur a fee to re-deliver.
Items arriving Damaged:
- Unfortunately this is rare but it can happen.
- If an item arrives at your door please inspect it before signing.
- If you see any severe damage to the item on arrival please refuse delivery and sign as damaged.
- If you are unsure about the item please sign as “unchecked” or signed as “damaged”
- In the unlikely case your item arrives damaged we need to be notified within 24 hours of delivery and require photographic evidence within 2 days of the item arriving. We can then sort out a replacement part to be dispatched. Please email photos to email@example.com. Photos must contain the damaged item and also the damaged to any packaging. This process is so we can follow up claims with the couriers insurance.
Out of Stock:
- If an item is out of stock, you will be contacted within 24 working hours to be offered either an alternative, full refund or to wait until the product back into stock.
Use overlay text to give your customers insight into your brand. Select image and text that relates to your style and story.