Features: - Fits DC5 TYPE R with K20 engine ONLY - 4-2-1 Tri-Y Design - 304 Stainless Steel - CNC cut 3/8" thick SS Flanges - 2.5" Outlet
NOTE: The option to add catalytic converter to the test pipe section is available for $150 extra. Please call or email us to place a special order.
Donut gasket can be replaced by OEM Honda part (18229-PCX-003), you will have to reuse the metal ring.
The goal with any performance header design, is to get exhaust gases to flow out of the engine faster and more efficiently, which in turn will produce more power and performance. The K-Tuned DC5 TYPE R Header was designed with this exact theory in mind and utilizes a proven 4-2-1 Tri-Y design with extremely smooth slip fit merge transitions to increase the exhaust flow and power output of the Honda K engine. Like most Tri-Y designs, power gains are seen almost everywhere in the power band, not just the top end. Fitment is equally if not more important to us than function and although the subrame and swaybar on the DC5 TYPE R presented some design challanges, the final fitment was definitely worth some extra time. The secondary tubing passes perfectly through this tight area with extra clearance for engine movement.
The header features stepped piping beginning with 44mm primaries that progressively move into 48mm, then 50mm secondaries and finally a 64mm or 2.5? exit. Like all our stainless headers, it is assembled with mandrel bent, 304 stainless steel tubing and is fully tig welded. We also use a slightly thicker gauge tubing that allows for better weld penetration and additional strength. The CNC cut 3/8" thick flanges are also double welded and then ported for optimum flow at entry and exit. This header directly replaces the OEM 2 piece design and eliminates the catalytic converter so we included a short 2.5" test-pipe with defouler for the secondary O2 sensor. Be sure to check out our 3" Oval Tube Exhaust System for the DC5 TYPE R if you haven't seen it already.
General Delivery Information:
- Please provide a contact phone number when ordering – in case we or the couriers need to get in touch.
- All orders placed before 12 Noon will be processed the same day.
All items are dependant on stock availabiltiy:
- Most parts are dispatched on a 24 – 48 hour basis (if ordered before noon)
- Most deliveries are made within 24 – 48 hours after dispatch.
- Some items may be delivered on a later schedule but you will be contacted and informed of an ETA.Specific delivery dates can be offered if required – please provide details in checkout.
- Large orders may be palatalised but we will do our best to inform you prior to delivery.
- Deliveries are made between 9am – 6pm. Monday to Friday.
Refusing / cancelling an order:
- If you refuse an item on arrival due to change of mind and or mistake, you will be charged a fee to have the item returned and or resent - price dependant on product and location.
- If you cancel an item after it has been dispatched you will be charged a return fee – price dependant on product and location.
- Deliveries are attempted at least twice, deliveries that fail after this due to no one at the delivery address may incur a fee to re-deliver.
Items arriving Damaged:
- Unfortunately this is rare but it can happen.
- If an item arrives at your door please inspect it before signing.
- If you see any severe damage to the item on arrival please refuse delivery and sign as damaged.
- If you are unsure about the item please sign as “unchecked” or signed as “damaged”
- In the unlikely case your item arrives damaged we need to be notified within 24 hours of delivery and require photographic evidence within 2 days of the item arriving. We can then sort out a replacement part to be dispatched. Please email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos must contain the damaged item and also the damaged to any packaging. This process is so we can follow up claims with the couriers insurance.
Out of Stock:
- If an item is out of stock, you will be contacted within 24 working hours to be offered either an alternative, full refund or to wait until the product back into stock.
Use overlay text to give your customers insight into your brand. Select image and text that relates to your style and story.