Skunk2 drew upon its experience and longstanding technical partnership with championship-winning Compass360 Racing when developing its all-new Cold-Air Intake for the '06-11 Civic Si. The results are the best performing, best fitting intake system available.
Skunk2's Cold-Air Intake is manufactured from molded polymer plastic for superior intake air insulation when compared to aluminum as well as for a smooth, continuous taper. When compared to aluminum, the thicker polymer material results in a superior thermal barrier and lower intake air temperatures. Each kit includes a 3.5-inch internal diameter lower tube and a tapered, 3.5-inch to 3.0-inch internal diameter upper tube that connects to the factory throttle body with a high-quality, silicone connector (larger diameter connector for use with Skunk2 throttle bodies or similar sold separately). The two-piece design and supplied MAF sensor adapter allows for compatibility with vehicles utilizing the factory ECU. A silicone coupler featuring a smooth, tapered transition between the two tubes is also included for vehicles equipped with aftermarket engine management systems that don't utilize MAF sensors.
In an effort to reduce the possibility of submerging the air filter during wet conditions, Skunk2's design positions the air filter downward-facing for approximately two inches of additional ground clearance when compared to competitors' designs that locate the air filter from the side. That, combined with a design that doesn't require cutting or modifying the factory fender liners, greatly reduces the chances of water entering the intake during wet conditions.
Each Cold-Air Intake kit includes relocation hardware for the battery, ECU, fuse box, and cooling system reservoir tank as well as high-quality stainless steel clamps and mounting hardware. Unlike other intake systems, only Skunk2's unique design and brackets allow for the OEM battery to be retained. A specially shaped, silicone upper radiator hose is also included with each kit to ensure maximum clearance for the intake tubing and proper fitment.
Skunk2 developed its unique Cold-Air Intake system in 2009 for back-to-back Grand-Am champions and racing partners Compass360 Racing. Now that the team is retiring its eighth-generation Civic race cars, we can finally release this race-proven technology to enthusiasts.
General Delivery Information:
- Please provide a contact phone number when ordering – in case we or the couriers need to get in touch.
- All orders placed before 12 Noon will be processed the same day.
All items are dependant on stock availabiltiy:
- Most parts are dispatched on a 24 – 48 hour basis (if ordered before noon)
- Most deliveries are made within 24 – 48 hours after dispatch.
- Some items may be delivered on a later schedule but you will be contacted and informed of an ETA.Specific delivery dates can be offered if required – please provide details in checkout.
- Large orders may be palatalised but we will do our best to inform you prior to delivery.
- Deliveries are made between 9am – 6pm. Monday to Friday.
Refusing / cancelling an order:
- If you refuse an item on arrival due to change of mind and or mistake, you will be charged a fee to have the item returned and or resent - price dependant on product and location.
- If you cancel an item after it has been dispatched you will be charged a return fee – price dependant on product and location.
- Deliveries are attempted at least twice, deliveries that fail after this due to no one at the delivery address may incur a fee to re-deliver.
Items arriving Damaged:
- Unfortunately this is rare but it can happen.
- If an item arrives at your door please inspect it before signing.
- If you see any severe damage to the item on arrival please refuse delivery and sign as damaged.
- If you are unsure about the item please sign as “unchecked” or signed as “damaged”
- In the unlikely case your item arrives damaged we need to be notified within 24 hours of delivery and require photographic evidence within 2 days of the item arriving. We can then sort out a replacement part to be dispatched. Please email photos to email@example.com. Photos must contain the damaged item and also the damaged to any packaging. This process is so we can follow up claims with the couriers insurance.
Out of Stock:
- If an item is out of stock, you will be contacted within 24 working hours to be offered either an alternative, full refund or to wait until the product back into stock.
Use overlay text to give your customers insight into your brand. Select image and text that relates to your style and story.