The Skunk2 Lost Motion Assembly is an advance spring device that is designed to put pre-load on the center portion of the VTEC rocker when it is in the unlocked position (when VTEC mode is disabled). During extended operating conditions, the contaminants in the oil will more than likely cause the piston to seize resulting in the VTEC rocker rattling when VTEC is not engaging or when the vehicle is in idle.
Each Skunk2 Lost Motion Assembly is manufactured exclusively from chrome silicone steel using the latest 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design)modeling and FEA (Finite Element Analysis) to ensure maximum optimization. Each chrome silicone steel spring features a hardened tip for added durability. Skunk2 engineers then tested and proved their design on the engine dyno as well as the race track.
The Skunk2 Lost Motion Assembly Kit replaces the factory piston-style LMA design with an improved design commonly found in newer generation Honda engines. Replacing LMA's are recommended when installing aftermarket camshafts and required when installing Skunk2 Pro Series and other high-lift camshafts.
Each Lost Motion Assembly Kit includes a set of 8 assemblies for an entire Honda DOHC VTEC B-Series 4-cylinder engine (Type-R/GSR, B16A, B17A, B18C) and are compatible with all camshafts. When using camshafts with +12.5mm lift, LMA's are an absolute must, and Skunk2 Lost Motion Assembly springs are 3 percent stiffer than ITR springs.
General Delivery Information:
- Please provide a contact phone number when ordering – in case we or the couriers need to get in touch.
- All orders placed before 12 Noon will be processed the same day.
All items are dependant on stock availabiltiy:
- Most parts are dispatched on a 24 – 48 hour basis (if ordered before noon)
- Most deliveries are made within 24 – 48 hours after dispatch.
- Some items may be delivered on a later schedule but you will be contacted and informed of an ETA.Specific delivery dates can be offered if required – please provide details in checkout.
- Large orders may be palatalised but we will do our best to inform you prior to delivery.
- Deliveries are made between 9am – 6pm. Monday to Friday.
Refusing / cancelling an order:
- If you refuse an item on arrival due to change of mind and or mistake, you will be charged a fee to have the item returned and or resent - price dependant on product and location.
- If you cancel an item after it has been dispatched you will be charged a return fee – price dependant on product and location.
- Deliveries are attempted at least twice, deliveries that fail after this due to no one at the delivery address may incur a fee to re-deliver.
Items arriving Damaged:
- Unfortunately this is rare but it can happen.
- If an item arrives at your door please inspect it before signing.
- If you see any severe damage to the item on arrival please refuse delivery and sign as damaged.
- If you are unsure about the item please sign as “unchecked” or signed as “damaged”
- In the unlikely case your item arrives damaged we need to be notified within 24 hours of delivery and require photographic evidence within 2 days of the item arriving. We can then sort out a replacement part to be dispatched. Please email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos must contain the damaged item and also the damaged to any packaging. This process is so we can follow up claims with the couriers insurance.
Out of Stock:
- If an item is out of stock, you will be contacted within 24 working hours to be offered either an alternative, full refund or to wait until the product back into stock.
Use overlay text to give your customers insight into your brand. Select image and text that relates to your style and story.