All Skunk2 Titanium Retainers are manufactured using the latest 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) and FEA (Finite Element Analysis) to ensure that each is optimized for strength as well as for reduced weight. Skunk2 engineers then test and prove their designs on the engine dyno as well as the race track. Once approved for manufacturing, only medical-grade titanium that’s been ultrasonically inspected and certified is used. Following CNC machining, each retainer is then individually inspected to ensure proper hole diameter, taper, and that each are free from machining defects to ensure proper installed valve spring heights and pressures. Finally, each Titanium Retainer is serialized for your protection, including valuable information, like material batch specifics as well as production and inspection dates.
Skunk2 designs, develops, and tests its entire valvetrain lineup in-house to ensure superior quality and maximum performance gains. During development, each valvetrain component is tested both on the dyno and the road, including 11,000 rpm drag racing engines and 17,000 rpm superbikes. Manufactured from the best materials available, Skunk2 valvetrain components provide exceptional performance, reliability, and quality and remain standard-issue on each Skunk2 vehicle that we build and support. Although retainers may appear easy to make, they remain a critical engine component where quality control is crucial. Material flaws and improper machining can result in incorrect valve spring installed heights and potential retainer failures. Skunk2 cautions enthusiasts from using retainers made from companies that claim to have engineering capabilities but do not have practical engine building, CAD modeling, and machining experience.
General Delivery Information:
- Please provide a contact phone number when ordering – in case we or the couriers need to get in touch.
- All orders placed before 12 Noon will be processed the same day.
All items are dependant on stock availabiltiy:
- Most parts are dispatched on a 24 – 48 hour basis (if ordered before noon)
- Most deliveries are made within 24 – 48 hours after dispatch.
- Some items may be delivered on a later schedule but you will be contacted and informed of an ETA.Specific delivery dates can be offered if required – please provide details in checkout.
- Large orders may be palatalised but we will do our best to inform you prior to delivery.
- Deliveries are made between 9am – 6pm. Monday to Friday.
Refusing / cancelling an order:
- If you refuse an item on arrival due to change of mind and or mistake, you will be charged a fee to have the item returned and or resent - price dependant on product and location.
- If you cancel an item after it has been dispatched you will be charged a return fee – price dependant on product and location.
- Deliveries are attempted at least twice, deliveries that fail after this due to no one at the delivery address may incur a fee to re-deliver.
Items arriving Damaged:
- Unfortunately this is rare but it can happen.
- If an item arrives at your door please inspect it before signing.
- If you see any severe damage to the item on arrival please refuse delivery and sign as damaged.
- If you are unsure about the item please sign as “unchecked” or signed as “damaged”
- In the unlikely case your item arrives damaged we need to be notified within 24 hours of delivery and require photographic evidence within 2 days of the item arriving. We can then sort out a replacement part to be dispatched. Please email photos to email@example.com. Photos must contain the damaged item and also the damaged to any packaging. This process is so we can follow up claims with the couriers insurance.
Out of Stock:
- If an item is out of stock, you will be contacted within 24 working hours to be offered either an alternative, full refund or to wait until the product back into stock.
Use overlay text to give your customers insight into your brand. Select image and text that relates to your style and story.